The ISM campuses offer you an international atmosphere with a growing number of exchange students coming to the ISM every year. At the ISM, you can study in international teams and meet students from all over the world.
If you would like to apply as an exchange student, you need to give short notice to the ISM’s International Office and to your home institution’s international office, so that we can jointly organize your exchange semester with us. If you are not a student of a partner university, please contact the International Office of the ISM online. In both cases, please use the application form and fill in your personal data and tell us what information you require.
Exchange student at the ISM
Patrick from The Netherlands spend a semester abroad at the ISM in Dortmund.
The ISM offers two semesters per academic year:
- fall term: September - December
- spring term: March - June
- Will start on Monday, March 20th, 2017 and will end on June 23th, 2017. Your exams will take place within the two last weeks of the semester.
- There is an orientation day on Friday, March 17th, 2017 which is mandatory.
- The German Intensive Language course will take place prior to the semester start, from February 27th, 2017 until March 16th, 2017.